Working in retail, we risk COVID-19 exposure every day on the job. Our work has always been essential in our communities, but the companies we work for have prioritized pandemic profits over our health and our lives. We’re calling on Amazon, Walmart, PetSmart, Petco, and all corporate retailers to take responsibility for our safety and well-being at work with our Five to Survive platform.
To protect ourselves and our families, we need Five to Survive COVID-19:
- A $5/Hour Pay Increase + $500 Vaccination Bonus
- Essential pay is warranted when we risk our lives at work, plus a $500 bonus to get the vaccine.
- Pandemic Paid Leave
- We need time at home when the virus threatens our health and families, including up to 3 days time off to get both doses of the vaccine and recover.
- Vaccines and Virus Safety On The Job
- Frontline retail workers need the vaccine now! Reduce our daily risks by providing PPE and N95 masks, enforcing social distancing and requiring customers to wear masks, and disinfecting our workplaces.
- Retaliation Protections
- No one should be punished for speaking up about safety or taking the necessary time at home to take care of our health.
- Our Voice in Solving Health & Safety Problems
- Executives must join a task force with retail workers to ensure everyone is safe.